everytime i shave my pubis hair i get bad razor burn and ingrown hairs. I normally shave in the shower with a schick quattro razor. I normally shave down for the first part, and then i shave up against the hair the second time. Am i doing something wrong? cause if i only shave down i can never get all of the hair properly.How to shave pubic hair(for men)?
don't shave againist the grain. if you want a really close shave just pull the skin tight but shaving againist the grain is why you keep getting ingrown hairs and razor burn for more info read below
Shaving Your Pubic Hair
1. Prepare for scrotum and pubic hair shaving by selecting the best sharp razor and great shaving cream. A shaving cream for sensitive skin works best, and brands like The Art of Shaving, Colgate, and Neutrogena are all options for shaving this area. Choose a new razor blade on a razor you鈥檙e familiar with so there are no surprises.
2. Hop in a steamy shower. Take a full shower before shaving, so the hair gets soft and easier to shave. Get a full lather of shaving cream on the base of your shaft and around it, as well as the scrotum.
3. Start shaving at your shaft. Stroke downwards from the head of your penis and then continue to shave around the upper pubic area. If you鈥檇 like a completely clean shaven look, continue to remove all the hair around the shaft as well.
4. Continue to stroke down into the hairline around your testicles, and then carefully shave your testicles with a smooth upward motion.
5. Rinse and dry the area carefully. You鈥檒l want to moisturize your skin afterwards for comfort, and adding a slight dusting of powder can help with any potential chafing.
*Remember: the pubic area is quite sensitive, and it may take some time for your skin to adjust to the razor. A perfectly smooth shave may take a little time to achieve.
*Rinse your razor after each stroke! Just like shaving your face, a clogged razor can alter the effectiveness of the shave.
*It鈥檚 important to exfoliate both before and after shaving your pubic area. Rub lightly with a sponge, washcloth, or loofah (nothing too harsh) to prefer blocked pores and ingrown hairs.
*Avoid any lotions or powders which contain colors or fragrances.
Sometimes shaving can affect certain individuals negatively. Red bumps may occur as the hair grows back. If this happens to you, cortisone cream can soothe irritation, and is available from your local pharmacy or drugstore. Shaving cream can also affect the pubic area as well, and switching over to hypoallergenic shaving cream could help.
If you鈥檝e never shaved your genitals before, it鈥檚 worth giving it a try. For summer coolness or just an extra touch of sex appeal, the benefits of shaving could surprise you!How to shave pubic hair(for men)?
you need to use something that can lubricate the blade like conditioner or shaving cream.. you also need to use a new blade every time.
I use Gilette fusion amazing device.
but i do it while i sit, because then u can reach everything better.
cant explain it very good.
why do random women answer men's questions?? O.O
Dont shave just trim...way better